Wednesday, April 20, 2016

joy healer {bella grace blog hop}

`
`
`


"cling to what is good"
romans 12:9
`
i need to make it clear 
 there are things in my life i have come to know
and 
one of those many things...

  there are mountains i may never be able to climb 
there are mountains i may never forget...
yet 
still 
i stand
i climb
i crawl
wobbly legs
shaking knees
bad assed
 and 
willingly
`
`
`
`
`
`
if i told you how very important it is to trust ones self
would you believe me
?
trust me when i whisper this to you...

i have decided to be my own joy healer 
 my uplifting tribe to chant sweetly my ability
for me to stand tall
i'm showing up for my life
{again}
i'm showing up for my life
present
+
concious
`
`
`
"come away with me in the night
come away with me and I will write you a song"
nora jones

`
`
`
{trusting me}
 what i've learned to be the ingredient that was missing for so long
{trusting myself}
the more trust a woman shows herself 
then
 the more a woman remains on a path of authenticity 
it's a pinch of this 
a
 teaspoon of that
the smokey paprika whirling in that slurry that binds the gumbo
the pinch of sweet currry
a bit of vanilla in the frosting 
that 
makes you close your eyes and smile with each spoonful
a hair flip
a pat to the afro
lip gloss for no reason at all
trusting myself blazes a trail of feel good vibes
restores my strength
...brings my warrior to the surface
`
`
`
`
`
`
{what about trusting the process}
`
the dirty dishes
scraped knuckles
the i miss you
the dead roses
the rain
regrets
fears 
the 
ups
the 
downs
`
{while your trusting me}
know this
i have broken my own joy enough times 
that
i could rewrite the book on let-downs
`
`
`

"touch me with no hands, hold me with your eyes"
alina baraz
`
`
`

{still}
i continue to connect the roots of this old oak
 in which 
i tangel myself within the stories of others
 as i walk this dirt road
recognizing
 each magical piece 
sometimes damn messy pieces along the way
coffee
glitter
art
fear
love
loss
beauty
ups
downs
storms
 sun rising in my palms
`
`
`
+
joy
amazing joy
joy 
that heals
joy
that mends

`
`
`
`
`
`
"you got my soul"
bryson tiller
`


xoxo

`
`
`
this post is part of bella grace magazines blog hop
`

7 comments:

Snap said...

Such a beautiful post ... my heart aches and sings!
ox

Bella said...

Oh, Christina. I see you. I hear you. I feel you. xo

gkgirl said...

love love love love love love love love!

Jeanne said...

exquisite posting as always
Love and hugs
Jeanne
Happy Earth day

Jeanne's Bliss Blog

http://jeannesblissblog.blogspot.ca/

sperlygirl said...

simply beautiful, my friend, your rich words and imagery. always. xx

Joanna Jenkins said...

Gorgeous, from start to finish.
Words to live by,
xo jj

deb said...

beautiful ♥